Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why diff not showing

Fred Sahebi March 1, 2016

I see that a files is marked as modified but it doesn't show the difference. Is there any way to configure the sourcetree that if timestamp of a file is different not show it as modified?

Regards, Fred

12 answers

0 votes
Bill Langton March 7, 2016

What sort of files are you diffing?

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2016

I think Bill meant to link this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-4729

0 votes
Fred Sahebi March 4, 2016

Hi Bill, I am new to your tool ...

1) How to I set RCTREEWIN-4729 Ensure Diff shows all lines.

2) Version is 1.8.2.3

I have been discarding the modified files since nothing show up in difference window,,,Is this an good idea?

Regards, Fred

0 votes
Bill Langton March 3, 2016

• SRCTREEWIN-4729 Ensure Diff shows all lines.

0 votes

Ignore white space only prevents white space changes from appearing in the Diff panel.  It won't actually remove it from the list of files.  

With only whitespace changes, and Ignore enabled, you get the result described in the orginal post.   If you disable ignore, you should see the modified lines in the Diff panel.

What version of SourceTree are you using.  I believe there were some bugs with whitespace handling in the initial release of the recent overhaul.  Current V = 1.8.2.3.

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2016

With "ignore whitespace' disabled, does it show any (or potentially all) lines that are changed (even though both versions may appear the same)?

0 votes
Fred Sahebi March 3, 2016

Yeah I found it but and set to ignore white space but still the same issue. I do a behind compare and I don't see any differences and maybe that's why when I click on the modified file nothing shows up in difference window but still is mark as modified??

Regards, Fred

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2016

As Bill said, most likely a change in whitespace.  However my experience is that even with "Ignore white space" enabled, SourceTree will still list the file as changed - it will just no longer highlight the actual lines that changed.

0 votes

right hand side, above the differences window, next to the search box (on windows).

0 votes
Fred Sahebi March 2, 2016

Hi Bill,

Where is gear menu?

0 votes
Bill Langton March 2, 2016

Rule out the simple answer.... Under the gear menu, is Ignore whitespace enabled?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events