Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When running the Sourcetree install in Windows 10, the install window will not display

David Tang June 10, 2018

Sourcetree version:  2.5.5

Hello,

When I try to install Sourcetree, the window that appears is blank.  I have tried uninstalling Sourcetree via the remove programs feature from the control panel, deleting the related Sourcetree folders/files located in the C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Atlassian but whatever I do, the window is always blank. 

How can I install Sourcetree given the situation? 

Have attached a screenshot of what appears when I try to install Sourcetree.Sourcetree install problem sceenshot.jpg

Cheers,

David

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2018

Hi David, could you try the suggestions on the thread Sourcetree transparent windows and see if they work for you?

Let us know!

Kind regards,

Ana

David Tang June 13, 2018

Hi Ana,

Thanks for the guidance.  I followed the instructions for changing the registry and Sourcetree is displaying correctly now.  The steps i took are as follows:

1- Go into windows registry (search for regedit)

2- In the registry editor, find: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics

3- Right click the Avalon.Graphics folder, select New then select DWORD

4- The name of the new entry needs to be: DisableHWAcceleration

5- After creating the new entry, right click and select Modify

6- In the Modify screen, change Value Data to 1

7- Open up Sourcetree again and it should display correctly

What this new registry entry does is disables hardware acceleration for WPF apps.  To be honest, i'm not sure what a WPF app is but Sourcetree is one of them.

regedit add dword.pngFor other people who may encounter a similar issue, here is a screenshot for how to edit the registry:

Like andrea.nguyen likes this
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2018

Thanks for sharing your solution with the rest of the Community, @David Tang :D

Have a nice evening!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events