When are you going to add some integration tests or testers for the new releases?!

Whenever I receive an update from SourceTree something is crashing or not working properly.

This can be fixed by some tests whether manually or automatically to at leas test the major functionalities!

As an example see: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39580090.

2 answers

I've never seen Atlassian officially answer any question posed in the forum but I'd sure like to know the answer to this question. It appears all users of SourceTree are beta testers.

"if you think your software is perfect give it to users to find out how imperfect it really is." -  Me

Atlassian needs to put up an official page where users can download older versions to their mission-critical systems when new releases such as 1.9.5 and 1.9.6 cause trouble. 

Users: always explicitly download and archive installation programs in case you need to fall back to them. Don't let auto-updates hide them from you. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

559 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you