What does the Clean icon mean and how to remove files with the said status? Edited

I just cloned my team's project from remote to my machine and pulled any possible update. I modified a file, but in the Unstaged files section, I see almost all (if not all) the files in the project.

I noticed that when I hover on the yellow icons on the left of the files it says Clean on the files that I didn't change and when I click on Stage all, only the file that I modified is moved to Staged files (which is right).

What's the sense of those files in the Unstaged files section? Can I get rid of them without breaking my project?

bug.png

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Jun 19, 2017

Hello! To see only the "Pending/Modified" files in your repo, just click the drop-down menu above the file display. From the menu, you can show only the pending files, conflicts, all files, etc.

change_view.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

992 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you