Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Atom as Diff Tool

Josh Fialkoff June 25, 2016

2016-06-25 at 12.02 PM.pngHi,

What is the correct syntax to use Atom as Sourcetree's External Diff Tool?

1 answer

0 votes
QwazyWabbit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2016

Diff Command would be the path to the Atom executable. Arguments ought to be %1 %2 if they're following the typical argument parameters for paths to the files to be compared. I have not tested this.

Josh Fialkoff June 25, 2016

Thanks! I updated SourceTree, but the merge commands are still grayed out.

Please let me know what you recommend.

Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 2.11.11 PM.png

QwazyWabbit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2016

That's interesting. I never use SourceTree to invoke a merge but use ctrl-D to open the external diff tool a lot, in my case that's either WinMerge or Beyond Compare. I also notice WinMerge shows up in external diff tool list but not in external merge tools. Even putting Beyond Compare in the Merge tool configuration yields greyed-out menu as you showed.

I use SourceTree on OS X also, diff and merge tool is FileMerge. The merge menu is greyed out in SourceTree 2.3.1 also.

Conclusion: The function isn't implemented in either version of SourceTree or it's broken in both.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events