Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to push to bitbucket repository - wrong username or pass?

capokrzywa January 2, 2019

I haven't made a commit to my project in a while and now I'm getting an error when I try tp push to my remote repo. Please see the attached error I get when I try to push to Bitbucket. I haven't changed a thing with my remote repo or sourcetree settings since I was using it just fine. It's saying invalid password or username (which I knew wasn't true), but I reset my password anyways. I'm able to log on to Bitbucket via the website.

2019-01-02 21_29_10-Sourcetree.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
capokrzywa January 7, 2019

What I actually had to do was navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree and remove the passwd file.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2019

Hi Chris, welcome to the Community!

Maybe the credentials you have stored in Sourcetree have become corrupted. Have you tried re-adding your Bitbucket account following the steps at Connect your Bitbucket account?

If that doesn't fix it, I'd try wiping Sourcetree preferences.

Let us know if that helps!

Ana

capokrzywa January 7, 2019

Thanks for the reply Ana. I actually ended up finding the solution via some more searching and reading another post.

What I actually had to do was navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree and remove the passwd file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events