Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login using atlassian account for source tree

Boubyan Bank September 12, 2021

Issue: My older version of source tree is asking for license while using source tree. 

So I tried to upgrade it using my atlassian ID.

While entering my atlassian credentials, it is saying Chrome latest version is not supported.

61B34471-24EA-4336-AE8F-73FDC1B548C9.jpeg

Pls let me know how to fix it.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2021

Hi @Boubyan Bank ,

Let's see if we can get you sorted! The supported browsers for Atlassian products are listed here and we can check a couple things:

1. Using the Qualys browser test , you can check and see if TLS 1.2 is enabled. We don't support TLS 1.1 or below anymore (and I believe it's possible for these to become disabled in Windows via group policy)
  2. SameSite cookies - the Atlassian ID login flow uses a couple subdomains. Sometimes browser extensions can break this flow by explicitly blocking the cookie security parameters set by our login site. You can use the SameSite cookie tester to see what's being blocked and allowed by default in your browser. For comparison, here are the results on my workstation (where the login flow works correctly):
    image.png
    A quick fix in this case might be to check if you've got any extensions that might be modifying security settings. It's also possible to set Chrome itself to deny particular cookies that are needed - but we can go down that road if we need to.

Hope this helps as a start! Another quick fix might be to install a fresh Firefox and temporarily set your default browser to Firefox, if you don't wish to track down what's happening with Chrome. Once you've got the Sourcetree setup finished, you could switch the default browser back to Chrome.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events