It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to login Bitbucket via source tree registration

Hi, im facing a problem that’s not allow me to login my Bitbucket account via source tree. Once i clicked the Bitbucket button, it will redirect me go to cloud url and let me key in email and password. After i entered my email and password, it will prompt a msg said successful to login. But when i go to source tree installation still remain to the same page, unable to proceed. 513AAAAE-C6BB-4EEC-8BD5-575EEFFF0958.jpeg

4 answers

Try to install ^2.0.

Helped in my case (gmail login), thanks. And then I updated SourceTree to a newer version

I have this exact same issue. I am on Windows 7. I was able to login to Github in the web browser... i was able to import my repo from GitHub... I can see its there and i was emailed that it was a success. 

However, if I try and re-install Source Tree, i can get to THIS step and i click "Bitbucket," it sends me a 'Grant Access:'

"Authentication Successful

SourceTree has been successfully authenticated. You may now close this page."

when I go back to the installer on my local drive, it just sits there, unable to proceed to the "Install Tools" section.

I took Karl_Diego's solution to heart and installed an archived version, 3.0.17

https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download-archives

i have things rolling now, its good to let Atlassian know whats up though!

胡彰正 I'm New Here Jan 13, 2020

i get the same problem,i want to update the sotfware, but i can't install,always  "SourceTree has been successfully authenticated. You may now close this page"

0 votes

I have the same problem. Unfortunately I'm not able to install the Sourcetree application for Windows because of the Registration step fail.

1/ SourceTreeSetup-3.3.6.exe downloaded and run on Windows 7 64bit.

2/ Once Registration step was active, I clicked on Bitbucket Button and this click redirected me to Firefox browser. Where was webpage saying Authentication Successful. However the installer does not continue and the Next button is greyed out. It is the same as the picture at this thread start.

3/ When tried the Bitbucket account itself it works well as usual.

The General Soundwave wrote:

I took Karl_Diego's solution to heart and installed an archived version, 3.0.17

https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download-archivesite

i have things rolling now, its good to let Atlassian know whats up though!

Thank you a lot. This explanation really works for me perfectly too

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

2,770 views 0 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you