Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to insatll SourceTree on Windows 10 64 bit OS.

Arjun June 15, 2017

I downloaded the SourceTree app "SourceTreeSetup-2.0.20.1.exe" from the SourceTree web site and tried to install it on my laptop running Windows 10 64-bit, the installer doesn't starts and just goes away showing no progress abot the installation. After some time i seea SourceTree icon on my desktop and when i try to start it by double clicking it doesn;t start and there is nothing running in the task manager as well.

Can someone help me out with this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2017

Hi Arjun, the installation is really quick, that could explain why you didn't see any progress during the installation.

Can you check if the installation folder exists? The path is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\ Does it contain the .exe? If it does, can you run it directly from there. If nothing happens, it means the installation itself is failing. Please send us the log file so we can have a look. Check the Event Viewer too.

Lastly, check the Task manager, if SourceTree is there kill it and run it again.

Are you able to use SourceTree now?

Regards,

Ana

Arjun June 16, 2017

Hi Ana,

Thanks for your reply.

I did checked for the .exe file under path C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\, but I could not see any .exe file there which I could run, but I saw a folder named "analytics_gas_upload" which is empty. Also, the log file is empty so I think sending it to you makes no sense. Let me know if you need any more details. Thanks

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2017

Slight typo SourceTree.exe installs into the following folder:

%localappdata%\SourceTree\app-{VERSION}\

User data goes into the following folders:

%localappdata%\Atlassian\SourceTree\
%localappdata%\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_url_{HASH}\{VERSION}

Can you see if you can run

%localappdata%\SourceTree\app-{VERSION}\SourceTree.exe ?

Arjun June 16, 2017

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response.

I did found the SourceTree.exe under the path that you specified, but when i tried to run it i got a exception. i have attached the scrrenshot for the exception.

SourceTree.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events