Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create .git/index.lock File exists.

duloveme August 5, 2016

I use sourcetree on Windows 10.

I can't stage files after upgrade to 1.9.6.

So i did downgrade to 1.9.5.

How can i solve it?

8 answers

0 votes
Rodney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2016

A workaround is to use the "No staging" interface. (I personally prefer the "Split view staging".

0 votes
Kevin Stevens August 8, 2016

switched to GitKraken - problem solved

https://www.gitkraken.com/

0 votes
Andrea Dell'Orco August 8, 2016

Another release full of bugs... 
Same problem here.  

0 votes
Seb C August 8, 2016

This is very very annoying, every updates come with new bugs, please stop releasing bad releases, just test them before asking everybody to update or people will just leave your soft forever ... seriously that's very unprofessional.

0 votes
Jozef Legény August 7, 2016

Before the upgrade to 1.9.6 I have had this error for about half of my operations. Now it is systematic. Anybody knows which version of source tree actually works?

0 votes
Kaiochao August 7, 2016

Same problem here. Version 1.9.5 on Windows 10 Anniversary Update works fine; no startup crash, either, for me. It doesn't seem to be a git problem, since the command line is still working fine. 

Also, duplicate question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39580090 

0 votes
ddankel August 7, 2016

Same versions, same problem here as well.  Rolling back to 1.9.5 resolved the issue.

Any time this error appears in SourceTree, I've confirmed that the file in question does not exist and I am unable to remove it to resolve the issue per advice found elsewhere.  

0 votes
Gegham Ayvazyan August 7, 2016

Having exact same problem on same OS, same version. Error appeared today after update.

First I though it was git problem, so I updated embedded git, tried using system git, still no progress. Will let you know if have any news

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events