Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree not responding on Windows 10

Mo_Joe August 17, 2018

Hi everyone,

I recently changed my laptop so I took the latest versions of unity and sourcetree.

I cloned my git repository and when I tried to commit the changes due to the new version of unity Sourcetree hanged (not responding). I also tried to create a new repository and to commit just my .gitignore file but sourcetree was not responding again.

Do you have any solution ?

I'm using it on Windows 10 64bit.

Thanks for your time !

6 answers

1 vote
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2019

Hi

It looks like for some of you at least this maybe due to an issue with 4k monitors, see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-11421 for a workaround.

A fix is in the works.

1 vote
paza March 22, 2019

I've updated Sourcetree to v.3.1.2 (Win10) and experienced the same issue. It works for some time and suddenly it hangs. The method SetFinalSizeMaxDiscrepancy appears often in the stack.

:-(

bug.png

paza March 25, 2019

I found out the Sourcetree hangs when its window height is greater than about 2000 px. You can easily reproduce it with a 4K monitor and Sourcetree maximized. It might be needed to click a branch to simulate a refresh. It looks like a UI component doesn't like to be a big one :-) The diff-viewer ?

Like Petr Felzmann likes this
paza March 25, 2019

In the end, that is .Net bug.

.Net 4.7 included a new algorithm for allocating space to columns in a Grid
Unfortunately the new algorithm had three bugs (that we know of), all resulting in infinite loops.

See: https://github.com/Microsoft/dotnet/issues/604

Like Petr Felzmann likes this
0 votes
heniw April 9, 2019

It's general issue with HD resolution.
Please install previous source tree (that one with logo of branches and tree ) .

0 votes
chirag ajmeri February 28, 2019

Any luck of for finding a fix?

All sudden, I started getting same issue today. Even I am not able to resolve with reinstalling or restarting Source Tree.

Gudivada Ajaykumar April 9, 2019

Same issue for me. Please anyone suggest solution.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2019
Gudivada Ajaykumar April 9, 2019

Thanks @minnsey, It resolved the issue.

0 votes
heniw October 29, 2018

Hi ! Any news please ?

Mo_Joe October 29, 2018

Hi, I have not been searching too long and did not find the solution.

But If did fix the problem : I downloaded Gitkraken !

Thanks to the Atlassian team for there priceless help.

Like heniw likes this
0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
August 22, 2018

Hi

Can you try restarting Sourcetree and then running Tools/Options/Process Viewer and posting up the results? This should give an indication of what processes Sourcetree is running when it freezes

Mo_Joe August 23, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried to run the Process Viewer and I got this :

[
{
"Command": "git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks -c credential.helper= -c credential.helper=\"C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/ATLASS~1/SOURCE~1/GIT_EX~1/GIT-CR~1.EXE\" status --porcelain --ignore-submodules=dirty --untracked-files=all --no-ahead-behind",
"Directory": "C:\\Users\\user\\Documents\\Unity Projects\\MobileGameProject",
"Status": "Finished",
"Duration": "00:00:00.1635625",
"CallerContext": "GetStatusProcess",
"Output": "A Packages/manifest.json\nA ProjectSettings/PresetManager.asset\nM ProjectSettings/ProjectVersion.txt\n"
},
{
"Command": "git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks -c credential.helper= -c credential.helper=\"C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/ATLASS~1/SOURCE~1/GIT_EX~1/GIT-CR~1.EXE\" status --porcelain --ignore-submodules=dirty --untracked-files=all --no-ahead-behind",
"Duration": "00:00:00.1346419",
"CallerContext": "GetFileStatus",
"Output": "A Packages/manifest.json\nA ProjectSettings/PresetManager.asset\nM ProjectSettings/ProjectVersion.txt\n"
},
{
"Command": "git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks -c credential.helper= -c credential.helper=\"C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/ATLASS~1/SOURCE~1/GIT_EX~1/GIT-CR~1.EXE\" tag",
"Duration": "00:00:00.1426187",
"CallerContext": "GetTags",
"Output": ""
},
{
"Command": "git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks -c credential.helper= -c credential.helper=\"C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/ATLASS~1/SOURCE~1/GIT_EX~1/GIT-CR~1.EXE\" rev-parse HEAD",
"Duration": "00:00:00.1037405",
"CallerContext": "Summary",
"Output": "5eb62fe1797fcb9dd185048cb453a058e400bfeb\n"
},
{
"Command": "git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks -c credential.helper= -c credential.helper=\"C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/ATLASS~1/SOURCE~1/GIT_EX~1/GIT-CR~1.EXE\" remote show -n origin",
"Duration": "00:00:00.1067202",
"CallerContext": "GetRemoteInfo",
"Output": "* remote origin\n Fetch URL: https://Mo_Joe@bitbucket.org/Mo_Joe/mobile-game-project.git\n Push URL: https://Mo_Joe@bitbucket.org/Mo_Joe/mobile-game-project.git\n HEAD branch: (not queried)\n Remote branch: (status not queried)\n master\n Local branch configured for 'git pull':\n master merges with remote master\n Local ref configured for 'git push' (status not queried):\n (matching) pushes to (matching)\n"
},
{
"Command": "git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks -c credential.helper= -c credential.helper=\"C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/ATLASS~1/SOURCE~1/GIT_EX~1/GIT-CR~1.EXE\" config push.default",
"Duration": "00:00:00.0987443",
"CallerContext": "GetGeneralConfig",
"Output": ""
},
{
"Command": "git --version",
"Directory": "C:\\Users\\user\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\",
"Duration": "00:00:00.0957432",
"CallerContext": "GetVersionString",
"Output": "git version 2.17.1.windows.2\n"
}
]

Mo_Joe August 23, 2018

Then as soon as I hit the commit buton whith or without commit message, Sourcetree hangs and nothing more is happening.

The Process Viewer hangs too and no other log appear.

Thank you for your time.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
August 28, 2018

Thanks for the extra information.

Mo_Joe September 29, 2018

Hi, @minnsey no other clue or idea ?

minnsey
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2018

Sorry we have no further updates.

None of the entries in the log appear to be taking a significant amount of time.

Do you have any bookmarks that refer to non-existent folders?

kanobuho March 22, 2019

I also updated to 3.1.2 and after that every time I open up Sourcetree it hangs. No action is required, it just hangs.

I updated from within the app after I got the message on the left up corner. It seems the upgrade process failed at some point. So  I erased the 3.1.2 folder inside Sourcetree install directory and it return my version to the previous release that was working.

I have not tried to upgrade again yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events