Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree keeps asking for password and doesn't work

Kimi Cai June 7, 2018

Hi all,

I am new to the source tree. And a very wired problem comes across when I try to push my commits. 

As the image indicates, it asks for the password, while it never works when I enter my password on Bitbucket or Source Tree. And it loops again and again. Then I have tried to push it in the terminal, it works. Hence, could anyone tell me what's wrong with that? What should I do next? Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 11.48.09.png

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2018

Have you added your Bitbucket account as a hosted account in Sourcetree under Preferences -> Accounts?

Kimi Cai June 9, 2018

Hi, I have bundled it with my account. Still does not work. Any idea?

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2018

Can you please add screenshots of the account setup in Sourcetree and confirm the number of items in keychain written by Sourcetree for the account in question?

gkunkel1965 June 12, 2018

I'm a different customer and some of our users are having exactly the same problem today.

gkunkel1965 June 12, 2018

Actually, this is happening while trying to clone a Repository

Manju
Atlassian Team
June 14, 2018

Hi @gkunkel1965

Can you please let me know if the account is already added in Sourcetree? Also, can you please check the keychain items to ensure there are two items "Bitbucket Credentials" and "bitbucket.org access key for <username>". Please include screenshots wherever possible for us to help you better.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events