Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree and git-xl 0.4 - git apply failure

Tony Pinter August 15, 2019

I'm a relative beginner with Git, git-xl 0.4, and SourceTree, and I've been playing around with using these tools to manage some xlsm files.  Sorry for the double post (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/SourceTree-VBA-Macros-via-xltrail/qaq-p/818400), but I figured posting a new question instead of an answer may get me some traction.

Everything seemed to be working swimmingly, but I ran into some trouble when I edited a VBA module in one of my xlsm files and then observed it in Sourcetree.

2.pngWhen I try to stage or discard lines/hunk, I get the following error:

3.png

The content of that file is:

diff --git a/diff_results.xlsm b/diff_results.xlsm

--- a/diff_results.xlsm   

+++ b/diff_results.xlsm

@@ -11,8 +11,8 @@

' Return code?

Call RunPowerShell(cmd, "CompareResults")

[31m-' dummy comment added

[32m+' dummy comment revised after being added

End Sub

Sub CallCompareResults()

I verified that I could discard hunk with a change to a simple text file, so I think my basic sourcetree and repo setup is right.  Perhaps git-xl doesn't support patching like this?  Or might something else be the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

Hi Tony, and welcome to the Community!

I found a solution for a similar issue on this post.

I think this error is coming from the git-xltrail side, and it's not a malfunction in Sourcetree. In that case there won't be much we can do to help. If I'm mistaken and the issue is caused by Sourcetree, please let us know and we'll be happy to continue helping you.

Also, as both Sourcetree and git-xltrail developers were involved in your previous thread, I believe it makes more sense to continue the conversation there instead of creating a new thread that they might not see. 

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events