Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree 4.0 Malware Detection

Marc D. October 29, 2019

Hi there,

this is Marc. I am responsible for macOS SW deployment at my customer with munki / autopkg.

Today we received Major Update for Sourcetree 4.0 (i think Build 229). After rollout our Anitvirus Protection (Symantec) reports Malware detection with Sourcetree 4.0 and deletes it. I double checked it with another Antivirus Protection (ClamXav) which also reports Malware (Osx.Malwareagent-7360826-0).

I think it is a false positiv. But i would like to know if this issue was already addressed to you and if it will be fixed in upcoming Version of Sourcetree?

Thanks and kind regards
Marc

5 answers

1 vote
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

Hello! This is a false positive. For all released builds we scan both applications using Symantec Cloud Workload Protection for Storage, and for a fallback we use ClamAV.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

@Marc D. I've submitted these false positives to both Symantec and ClamXAV. Thank you for including the detailed information about which scanners reported issues!

Like Marc D. likes this
Marc D. October 31, 2019

Thanks for reply and info. 

Have a nice day.

Taras October 31, 2019

@Daniel Eads,

Webroot Secure Anywhere also flags 4.0_229 as uncategorized malware. Perhaps a submission to Webroot is also warranted.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
October 31, 2019

Submitted to Webroot, thanks @Taras !

0 votes
ChristopherWheat December 5, 2019

Thanks for the suggested answers. See more explanations here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Mac-Major-v-4-0-update-proposal/qaqsite-p/1212814 .The topic is similar. I hope it hepls you.

0 votes
_ficu October 30, 2019

Some one from attlasian team should refer to these revelations

0 votes
_ficu October 30, 2019

Oh really atlassian. Remove my comment... 

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
October 30, 2019

Hey @_ficu ,

Community's spam detection tool flagged your answer as spam because it had a high number of edits in a short period of time. I've marked it as not spam. Just a heads up about doing that in the future, the system might flag posts with a lot of edits again.

0 votes
graphittie October 30, 2019

My case is the same. I am using BitDefender. This problem prevents you from using SourceTree.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
October 30, 2019

@graphittie Thanks for letting us know about this - I've submitted a false positive report to Bitdefender and hopefully it will be corrected in their detections shortly. In the meantime, you can follow their steps for creating an exclusion to get SourceTree running.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events