Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree 2.x documentation

Csaba Balogh April 6, 2018

Hi,

I'm on Sourcetree 2.4.8 and any time I try to find solutions to my problems I run into documentation that is close to describing a different product.

Can you please advise on the following?

1., In the View menu I don't have "Show hosted repositories". Where can I find the same in Sourcetree 2.x?

2., I'd like to add a new Account. So I go to Tools->Options->Authentication->Add account. Then an "Edit account" window pops up with Github, Bitbucket, etc. but I could never save any new account since I can't auth myself since there is no way neither in this window, nor in the previous and my User and Password to "Git Saved Passwords".

I had version 1.x before and these things worked, the only reason why I can still access my old repos is that the update did not delete my settings, but since 2.x I can't add any new.

Thanks,

Csaba

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2018

Hi

1. The equivalent is to open a new tab, the +, and then select the Remote option

2. The same Edit Account dialog is used to edit existing accounts or add new ones. After clicking Add Account and opening the dialog, select the right host and then, if you are using Bitbucket or GitHub just click the refresh token button to go through the OAuth process and get a new token.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events