Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree: suppressConflictWarnings fix on a Mac

Matt Ganz July 2, 2019

Hi -

I'm using SourceTree 3.2.1. I must have inadvertently clicked to suppress merge conflicts on a Mac because they're not showing up anymore. I found the answer to update the user.config in the AppData folder (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Conflict-dailog-does-not-display-I-tried-to-edit-the/qaq-p/798376) on Windows but in my Mac I check here:

~/Library/ApplicationSupport/SourceTree.

There's no user config, only my cert, browser.plist, hgrc_sourcetree, ImageCache folder and openWindowList. None of which appear to have this property.

Where should I be looking to show the merge conflicts again. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2019

Hi @Matt Ganz,

Run the following command in Terminal:

defaults remove com.TorusKnot.SourcetreeNotMAS suppressConflictsWarning 

and then launch the app. That removes the preference value entirely, restoring you to the default (no pun intended.) 

Cheers,

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

Matt Ganz July 2, 2019

Where do I have to be? Whether I run this command from my home directory or Library/Preferences (where the com.TorusKnot.SourcetreeNotMAS is located) I get the following error: 

Domain (com.TorusKnot.SourcetreeNotMAS) not found.
Defaults have not been changed.

Matt Ganz July 2, 2019

Are you sure it's not defaults delete....instead of remove? This deletes the domain. Or even this: 

defaults write com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS suppressConflictsWarning 0
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2019

That also works :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events