Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree performance issues with antivirus

Plinfut July 21, 2016

SourceTree is extremely slow on my Windows 10 machine. I even tried some legacy versions, but all have the same problem. It takes 2-15 minutes to complete any action. Performing a commit (3 actions: refreshing changed files, committing and pushing) often takes half an hour this way, making the program almost useless.

Disabling my antivirus (Trend Micro Maximum Security) solves this completely, but that is of course not a permanent solution. I already excluded C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\SourceTree and my local copy of the repository from any scans and allowed sourcetree.exe and putty/pageant.exe through Windows Firewall, but sourcetree remains extremely slow. What else may I have to exclude from scanning or allow through the firewall to solve the performance issues without disabling my protection completely?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
QwazyWabbit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2016

Configure your AV tool to exclude your source files and your project directories. This will stop it from interfering with ST accesses of those locations/files. 

0 votes
Plinfut July 21, 2016

Apparently I had to restart my PC for the exceptions to take effect. The freezes are now down to 10-30 seconds, which is workable. Still not great, but I saw there are a lot of bug reports regarding slow performance, so hopefully it will decrease further in the next version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events