SourceTree ignores changes on file with many changes

Hi

I have made many changes to a file. The file has 2982 lines. After line 1716, no changes are being displayed in SourceTree FileStatus.

I inserted a change on top of file. Itshows up in SourceTree view.

I inserted a change on bottom of file. It looks like SourceTree realizes the change and reloads but still, all changes after line 1716 are not shown.

GitHub GUI shows all changes fine.
What should I do? I like SourceTree very much and would be happy to find a solution for it.

Thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Ok I found it. Diff Settings (found in options) changed from 500 to 5000

Feature Request:

Display a text at the bottom of the changes listing that there are more and/or are suppressed by this setting.

Or set it higher. Or remove it completely. Who does want a limit anyway? Those people should be able to activate a limit if they like. But not the other way around.

Maybe I (or someone else) has commited a file with changes he does not wanted to be commited just because it was not being displayed!!!! 
At least at commit time should be a fat warning about this. 

For the feature request, create a ticket at jira.atlassian.com and post the link to it here so people can vote for it.

Long diffs cause severe performance problems for a significant number of users. As Balazs said, you should file a feature request at jira.atlassian.com regarding some text in a cropped diff about how to extend it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

870 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you