Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree high CPU load

ahalassy March 4, 2018

Hi Guys,

Sometimes my SourceTree generates high CPU load. When this occurs, the application is in "File Status" view, and the "Push changes immediately..." checkbox is blinking. I've tried disable "Refresh automatically when files change" and "Refresh when application is not in focus" options, without success.

I am using a GIT repository with submodules, on Windows 10 (x64). SourceTree version is 2.4.8.0. One my my friends who also uses SourceTree reported the same issue.

2 answers

0 votes
james.wang July 30, 2018

I have the same issue in my MAC. I usually kill SourceTree unless I need to merge and compare...

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

Hi

Do you have any external process running, e.g. a Visual Studio build, that might be effecting the files under the repository folders?

ahalassy March 6, 2018

Yes, I have constantly a Visual Studio running, but the issue occurs even when I just leave open without touching the IDE. Next time I'll try to quit when the high CPU utilization happens.

ahalassy March 6, 2018

I just encountered the issue again. Unfortunately closing Visual Studio not solves the problem, the high CPU utilization remains.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2018

Hi
Under the Tools menu item there is a Process Viewer option, it is a little rudimentary at the moment but it will give you and indication of what processes Sourcetree is running when you get the high load. 

ahalassy March 20, 2018

Thanks, I'll check that, and post here the result.

ahalassy April 7, 2018

Finally I catched again the issue. I was able to check the process viewer, and it was flooded by "git --version" commands.

ahalassy April 7, 2018

Do you know how can I attach a log? I saved the log generated by the process viewer.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
April 9, 2018

Hi

Its probably best to create a ticket here: https://jira.atlassian.com and then attach the logs to it.

ahalassy April 14, 2018

Thanks for your help, I just created a ticket and I uploaded the log.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-8537

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events