SourceTree crashing on launch

v1.5.3 was running fine for a while (weeks?) and I'd had it open a long time (a few days probably). It crashed, then crashed on relaunch after displaying bookmarks window momentarily. Trashing com.torusknot.* prefs and installing 1.5.4 didn't change anything. (SourceTree_2012-09-28-162610_ProFish.crash.txt) I had to delete Application Support/SourceTree To recover.

Or so I thought. After getting back into the working copy and repo I was working on, it crashed again. Any suggestions?

(SourceTree_2012-09-28-165909_ProFish.crash.txt)

4 answers

It's working now: Took a fresh look at it this morning. It had been crashing every time I opened the bookmark for my working copy/repo. I hadn't gotten around to installing the OS X 10.7.5 update, so I did that and now SourceTree seems ok. After trashing prefs, and upgrading to 1.5.4 above, I'm on Embedded Git 1.7.11.1. If it keeps working over the weekend I'll come back and close this question.

Looking at the stack trace, this isn't something we've encountered before and it's not clear what happened - if it happens again, please can you also provide any messages from Console.app associated with SourceTree.app?

I found this post as I am also suffering from the same crash on launch. I removed and reinstalled the latest version, and still crashes. I have a crash log from console.app, where could I send it? I am running Mac OS X 10.9.4, SourceTree v 1.9.4.1. Any help is appreciated!

Nevermind. I saw in the crash log "Identifier: com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS", and I realized that somehow I must have installed the version right from the site over top of my original MAS installation. Removed app, reinstalled from MAS, right as rain.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

649 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you