Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree Windows 2.6.10.0 "Add Folder" Issues

Brian Bezanson September 19, 2018

System

• Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
  • SourceTree Windows 2.6.10.0

Issue - Steps

• Run SourceTree
  • Bring Up a New Tab
  • Click on "Add Folder"
    • A folder named "New Folder" is created in the left-hand navigation bar
  • Quit SourceTree
  • Run SourceTree
  • Bring Up a New Tab
    • See that the "New Folder" is missing, not shown.

Questions/Comments

1. Why isn't the folder created/remembered? Is this a known issue?
  2. C: In the past, I have created 4 other folders that are still visible. I renamed two of those folders as a test and the renaming worked through restarts.
  3. Can the Windows version of SourceTree be redesigned to match the Mac version -- which has a much better UI?
  4. I don't see a way to reorder the folder list. It seems to be ordered by creation time of the folder. I can reorder repositories in any of the folder views by drag-n-drop. I would think that would be used to reorder folders too.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Brian

2 answers

0 votes
Brian Bezanson September 21, 2018

Thanks for the answers. My follow-up questions would be:

• When is version 3.0 coming? Is it in beta soon? Since this worked in previous versions under previous versions of Windows 10, one would hope that it would be a quick fit (regression issue?).
  • Will folder re-ordering be possible in the future?
  • The key feature of the Mac I like is the separate window displaying the repos I am working on. In Windows, I really waste a ton of time to click on the new tab and wonder if it is refreshing then or in the background. Our design has a lot of repos so the Mac version is much nicer, though most of us are stuck on Windows for development for now.
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2018

3.0 is now being rolled out.

You will be prompted soon to upgrade, alternatively you can run the installer directly

https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/ReleaseNotes_3.0.5.html
https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/SourceTreeSetup-3.0.5.exe

We are looking again at the repository listings https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-discussions/dev-team-Proposed-Sidebar-Replacement-for-Windows/td-p/802582

This will cover visibility and management of bookmarks

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2018

Hi

Firstly, yes we are aware of some issues with folder creation and naming. This should be improved in the upcoming 3.0 release

Secondly while we continue to evolve the UI on both platforms and aim to align for the main functional aspects we have no plans to being both apps 100% into line with each other, sorry.

And no  you can't re-order folders currently.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events