Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree 2.6.10 using IE for authentication

Ronnie Thompson August 22, 2018

Hi, I have downloaded the SourceTree 2.6.10 and ran the installer on MS Windows Server 2012 R2.

Due to security restrictions javascript has been disabled on IE, when I run the installer and try to register my account I just get the pop up stating that I have to enable javascript.

I am unable to do this, I get an error when trying to login to id.atlassian.com using IE but not when I use Firefox.

I have set Firefox as my default browser but the javascript issue still happens.

Is there anyway to bypass entering my login details during the installation or is there any way to get the installer to use Firefox during the authentication process.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2018

Hi

The short answer is no not at the moment.

The longer is answer is yes there will be shortly. We are currently beta testing a revised registration step that removes the reliance on IE.

Ronnie Thompson August 23, 2018

Hi Michael thanks for the update, glad to know this is being looked at. Is there an ETA for the completion of the beta testing and a release date?

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2018

No fixed release date yet, I'm afraid.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events