Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Tree prompting for Customer Agreement

Dave McManus November 16, 2017

It appears my free license period expired today Nov 6th. Source Tree is prompting me to Agree to Customer Agreement upon start up and will not allow me to proceed. I have downloaded the "source tree.license" file from my Atlassian Account site. However there is NO option under Source Tree to "Register" or "Import" the license key.

MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Sourcetree  v2.6.3

Can you help?Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 10.43.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-16 at 10.43.57 AM.png

4 answers

0 votes
Dave McManus November 17, 2017

I finally got around this error. Found this article on jira.atlassian.com:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-3530?focusedCommentId=875982&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-875982

Ran this command from terminal prompt:

defaults write com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS STWelcomeStageAtlassianAccount NO

Started Sourcetree and was able to get past the agreement screen (i.e. Continue button not greyed out) and then sign in using my existing account.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

Glad you got it working.

0 votes

Signed out of Atlassian account and that made no difference.

Upon a fresh download/install, when I start it up i get this screen: Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 3.38.02 PM.pngThen the Customer Agreement screen. Could there be other Sourcetree related files with some other name that need to be cleaned up?

Dave McManus November 17, 2017

Still having this issue. The Sourcetree_2.6.3a.zip downloads, I unzip the contents. Sourcetree app unpacks to my downloads folder. Upon starting it gives me the option to move to Applications. This places the app and contents under my local computer name => users => my user name =>Applications folder. It does not get placed under the local computer name => Applications folder. I cannot find any Sourcetree associated files  anywhere else on my Mac other than under the "show contents" for the Sourcetree app. I am sending this to Trash and emptying.  

0 votes

Thanks. However check out my screenshot - I cannot proceed past the Customer Agreement screen. Even when I view and Accept the Customer Agreement and check the box. The "Continue" button remains greyed out and I cannot start SourceTree.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2017

Looks like you are running into a known issue, SRCTREE-5089. The workaround is to remove the Sourcetree preferences, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/how-to-wipe-sourcetree-preferences-412484640.html.

Followed that article and removed Sourcetree and all associated files. Re-started the Mac. Signed into my Atlassian account, downloaded and installed Sourcetree. Started it up and I am getting the same Customer Agreement screen that I cannot move past.

Not sure what else to try here? 

Is this somehow related to the fact that the so called "Free License" expired effective today on my account?Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 1.31.51 PM.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2017

You can ignore that the free license has expired, it says that on my account too.

If the workaround is not fixing it, I would try with an older version and see if that helps. Here is the link to the download archive: https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download-archives

Still prompts me for license. I've tried 4 out of the 6 previous versions including the older DMG formats.

I search the Mac using Spotlight and no files are showing up other than mail messages and a couple websites.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2017

It should not ask for a license file if you are using a version newer then 2.2.2. Once you checked that you agree with the customer agreement is should take you to the next page where you have the option to use an existing Atlassian account or setup a new one, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-sourcetree/install-sourcetree-847359094.html

I remember getting those first two screens "Login..." and "Connect an Account" when I originally installed it.

Now I do not get those screens, instead all I see is the Customer Agreement screen with no option to proceed further.

Perhaps I should try logging out of my Atlassian account and try again?

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2017

The license is no longer used, they changed their terms and conditions as of 2.2.2 for Mac and 1.8.2 for Windows, so now you need to agree to the Atlassian Customer Agreement and you need an Atlassian account to register Sourcetree. Here is a blog post about it, https://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/2016/02/22/sourcetree-update-atlassian-account-git-lfs-support-ui-refresh-and-more/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events