Source Tree Automatically Adds Account Credentials

I do not want to have credentials automatically saved on the Source Tree client so that every time some tries to commit using that computer/client they have to enter a username and password. However, every time credentials are entered (say for a push action) they are saved in the Accounts list and set as the default authentication. Anyone know how to configure Source Tree to act this way?

Prompt

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 3.07.57 PM.png

Account Added

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 3.08.25 PM.png

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Devon! I'm afraid what you're asking for is not possible. Sourcetree is intended to be used by a single user, as normally you won't want different users working in the same copy of the file. This is one of the strong points of Git, that different users can work locally in different copies of the same code, and then share it together.

Ideally, each user would have a user profile in the computer with their own copy of Sourcetree connected to their accounts.

Regards,

Ana

What about not automatically saving credentials?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

269 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot