Showing error this is not a valid path/URL while cloning a code

Rushant Gaware February 11, 2021

Command: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks ls-remote https://bitbucket.****.com/scm/**/***.****.git
Output:
Error: fatal: remote error: CAPTCHA required
Your Bitbucket account has been locked. To unlock it and log in again you must
solve a CAPTCHA. This is typically caused by too many attempts to login with an
incorrect password. The account lock prevents your SCM client from accessing
Bitbucket and its mirrors until it is solved, even if you enter your password
correctly.

If you are currently logged in to Bitbucket via a browser you may need to
logout and then log back in in order to solve the CAPTCHA.

Visit Bitbucket at https://bitbucket.******.com for more details.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Yes.

There's not a lot more we can tell you, you've not bothered to explain the problem or why you have not logged into bitbucket and completed the challenge as the error message tells you to.

Rushant Gaware February 12, 2021

Already I have completed all the challenges as error message tells...still this issue is there.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Then my best guess is that you're using a different account in the UI and on the command line.

I'd want to talk to an admin of your Bitbucket system, they can see (and reset) failed login counts and captcha flags.  They'll also be able to tell you why it's locking.

Rushant Gaware February 14, 2021

yah sure...please talk with admin and kindly guide me resolving this issue on priority

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2021

I can't.  I have no idea who your admins are.  You'll need to find them and talk to them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events