Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore a file accidentally removed from SourceTree

Thirumal k April 10, 2016

I have stashed my changes in SourceTree and all file were not stashed and i didnot noticed that and i do my modification on another branch and checkout to my previous branch and applied my stash, then merge not done because of conflicts then accidentally i removed my file from Unstaged files. that file was removed and its not found in my project, can any one help me to restore it please...

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2016

If your file was never staged, you'll need to try using some sort of file recovery tool. Use Google to find options for your OS.

If you ever staged it, you might be able to use Git to recover it. However, such an operation is going to be a very advanced command line procedure (using git reflog), and there are probably few people (if any) in this forum that know how (I certainly don't). You should search/ask on stackoverflow or a git power users forum.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events