Repository browser shortcut key collision

How come Atlassian changed the repository browser shortcut key from cmd-B to cmd-O that collides with Open in latest version? This does not make any sense.

Any solution to fix this annoying issue?

7 answers

It's cmd+{zero} not cmd+O

I came hear wondering if I was going crazy when cmd+B didn't work. Then I wondered if it ever worked, or I was having a stroke. I'm glad to see others are having the same problem.

Who would've thought...0 vs O

Thanks so much for the post. I was missing that shortcut. 

Guys, this is real dumb and Atlassian doesn't seem to care/fix it so I'm posting an answer to my own question with a relatively simple fix for this:

Go to your Mac system preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts and add

"Show Repository Browser", press "cmd-B". Close. Done. Enjoy.

Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 3.56.13 PM.png

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to work.  After creating the shortcut and restarting SourceTree, the shortcut doesn't work.

http://snpy.in/jdkRJW

+1 I came here with the same question. They removed the cmd+B option and cmd+O is overridden by Open

+100 clicking the menu link is bad UX. Please fix!

I posted a solution

Please fix this!

0 vote

I've commented on the constraints around this shortcut in the primary ticket about this. As always, constructive input based on that is welcome.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

560 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you