Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration web callback on fresh install of Sourcetree wants to open Tower

huckncatch January 3, 2019

Installing Sourcetree again after a new OS image (OS X 10.14.2). I cannot get past the Sourcetree registration window where you're forced to register with a Bitbucket account. I have a Sourcetree license file already but there doesn't appear to be a way to use it with the registration window up and you can't close that without quitting the app.

When I click the Bitbucket Cloud option, I sign in to my Atlassion/Bitbucket account on the web (tried Safari and Chrome) and try to grant access for OAuth authorization but the redirect URI wants to open Tower.app and not Sourcetree.app.

Any ideas how to workaround?

Thanks!

3 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Bivil M Jacob February 5, 2019

Hi,

I had the exact same issue happening today. I had Tower installed and configured. Today I wanted to install and setup Sourcetree. The registration step of Sourcetree to grant Bitbucket access succeeded, but the browser callback wanted to open Tower and there was no other option. The Sourcetree registration got stuck.

What worked for me is,

In Tower preferences, under integration, there is an option to set the client for Bitbucket and Github. Setting Bitbucket to Sourcetree fixed my issue. PFB.

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 3.57.47 PM.png

ricardasjak June 24, 2019

Thank you, this also helped on same issue with Git Fork.

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2019

Hi Jim,

We moved away from the license file in early 2016 in favor of an online registration.

The problem you're running into is that Tower is hijacking the sourcetree:// URI which we use not only for cloning but for other uses such as the OAuth authorization callback.

The options that come to mind are:

1. see if there's a preference to turn that off in Tower

2. move Tower to trash and restart (macOS should then choose the next handler)

3. perhaps an open source defaults app like this?

In addition, I'd recommend contacting them about how they've broken Sourcetree and the issues you encountered. 

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

1 vote
huckncatch February 5, 2019

Thanks all and apologies... Brian's answer got me going and I didn't post back to the community.

The solution presented by Bivil is what fixed it for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events