Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to register or add account on source tree.

Bhanu KN February 9, 2022

Hi all, 

I am trying to install the source tree on my system, Step 2 is registration, When I click on Bitbucket, a tab opens up asking for my credentials, after I enter, it asks me to grant certain permissions which I grant. Then, it redirects to localhost:34106/?state=authenticated&code=zJaXMG6Xd28cvrTub6, which is blank, and meanwhile, in the background, the source tree setup is still waiting for 'login to finish'.  Goes back to the previous screen after a while. 

I tried multiple browsers. Although on chrome, it says 'Authentication successful, you may close this window', the setup window doesn't go past 'Waiting for login to finish'.

I reinstalled both git and the source tree (if it was version-related issues).  None of the community posts helped either!

I dared to skip this step and install it. But, when I try to add an account. I fill in my username, refresh my password for basic auth. All but the 'cancel' button is inactive. 

At this point, I am out of ways to tackle this. In all honesty. the amount of time and effort that's going into just getting started with the app is disappointing. 

Any assistance is truly appreciated. 

Regards, 

Bhanu

ST-1.PNG

st-2.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Haseeb Yousaf February 14, 2022

same here. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders