Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to make a new pull request on source tree.

harpreetsinghh May 29, 2017

Hi ,

I am not able to make a new pull request on source tree.
But I am able to login on UI.
It gives an error :-

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree fetch origin 

remote: Too many invalid password attempts. Try logging in through the website with your password.

fatal: unable to access 'path of remote repo': The requested URL returned error: 403

Completed with errors, see above

2 answers

0 votes
harpreetsinghh May 31, 2017

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your valuable inputs, we are using Sourcetree for Macbooks. Can you please tell me how to troubleshoot in that.

Highly appreciate your response.

Thanks!!

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2017

Hi,

It looks like there is an invalid password stored by SourceTree and t is being used to try and access the Bitbucket REST API, after a number of failed attempts the REST API will lock you out and you need to login via the website to reset the login process. You will need to do that reset anyway, but before then it is worth trying to remove the credentials SourceTree is trying to use.

In SourceTree for Windows open the Tools/Options/Authentication tab and reset or remove any entries relating to Bitbucket and the account you are trying to use.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events