Issue with source tree install

Dex Ezekiel June 5, 2017

I am trying to download and install sourcetree on my machine and when i download it, it is becoming a .1496043752 file type for some reason instead of a .exe...

any clue why this is and how to get around it??

it is getting downloaded as "SourceTreeSetup-2.0.20.1.1496043752"

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

Hi Dex! Are you downloading it from our official site? I've just tried downloading it and the file downloaded was "SourceTreeSetup-2.0.20.1.exe".

Have you also tried a different browser or computer? Let us know if the issue persists!

Regards,

Ana

Dex Ezekiel June 5, 2017

Hi Ana,

Yes that is where i am downloading it from and the extension it is trying to download it as is the .1496043752 i mentioned earlier :o

kind regards,

Dex

Dex Ezekiel June 6, 2017

I just tried downloading it with Google Chrome and it downloaded as a .exe however i am now getting the issue saying "Installation has failed" "Failed to extract installer"

i was previously trying to download it with Internet Explorer.

kind regards,

Dex

Dex Ezekiel June 6, 2017

I have now tried it on other Machines and it is having the exact same issue.

any idea??

is the installer broken?

regards,

Dex

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2017

Hi Dex, I've tried the same installer and I can confirm is working on my machine, so there must be something in your computer avoiding the installation to go through. Can you provide the following information?:

• Is there something atypical in your computer, like for example, are you in a corporate environment?
  • Do you have any specific security configuration?
  • Can you find the Squirrel setup log at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\  Does it exist? What does it say?
  • Is there anything showing in the Event Viewer?
  • Can you share with us the same installer you're using, so we can try and reproduce the issue?

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events