Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a bug? or whats happening here?

Daniel Salami November 8, 2021

I've been fighting with source tree all morning, opening this, as I try to find another software to get things done this morning. I can't login, or authenticate. i tried doing a fetch - and i got too many invalid password attempts. didn't make sense, as i could log in with any other application. tried "reauthing"  with either oAuth or basic, and i get this. 

sourcetreeO.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2021

Hi @Daniel Salami !

Does your name happen to have unusual characters? Or maybe the password.

In any case, I think you somehow managed to escape / break JSON format. Try to change your username or password using only regular letters / numbers and see if it helps. 

By rotating the characters you can establish which one of them breaks the format. This finding is worth reporting to the developers.

Cheers,

bug.jpeg

Daniel Salami November 10, 2021

Hello @Grigory Salnikov !

Thanks for the response.

No my username does not have any unusual characters. it's GandalfTheBlack. neither does the password. 

I'm not sure how I report this to the developers - as I thought posting this was doing that.

Best,

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2021

Hi @Daniel Salami 

I see, I was almost sure it was related to a weird character.

Speaking of the ways to report - if you have a commercial license you just raise a ticket with the support and goes from there:

Atlassian Support

Here someone from the team can also notice this. To facilitate this I would recommend to assign  right tags to that question. Actually I dared to assign a couple myself.

Like Daniel Salami likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events