Installation folder on Windows

balta May 4, 2013

Hi there!

Title (almost) says it all: how can I set a custom installation folder for sourcetree under windows 8? I'd like to put it on an external hard drive and not on the main disk (C).

I've checked the F.A.Q. and I've been fiddling with the installer but could not find any options about customizing it ... actually I don't even know were sourcetree is installed right now, and I don't really it!

Thanks for your help.

\(^__^)/

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob The Git-terer May 4, 2013

Its a clickonce application, so windows decides for you. Normally under the Users/<yourlogin>/AppData/Local directory in Win7. It will be in similar places on other versions of Windows. A google search for clickonce will tell all.

balta May 4, 2013

Well then, I guess I'm out of luck.

I'll just #dealwithit.

Thanks for your help!

Andrei Z April 30, 2019

never thought Id not find installed windows application in 2019, but it happened with source tree. thanks for your help.

1 vote
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013
balta May 13, 2013

Amazing! I'll give it a go later today!
Thanks a lot for this!

0 votes
victor_bustamante July 26, 2018

Stride install fail when user directory is a soft link

Please help me

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2018

Victor,

Please raise a new question so that our Stride users can help you with your issue. This question was regarding Sourcetree so it's really best to create a new question.

Shannon

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Bob's right, but I'm currently investigating moving to a different install / update system, because ClickOnce has been causing us too many random support problems and isn't that friendly to some corporate setups. So once this is done you'll be able to tell SourceTree where to install in future.

balta May 5, 2013

That's great news, I hope to see this happening sooner than later!

Thanks for letting us know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events