Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install to custom folder

Anders Jensen December 19, 2017

I want to install SourceTree somewhere else than under appdata\local. We have some users who work on Citrix virtual machines and due to the VM configuration, I cannot install it in the default location. I found the same question from a user in 2013 and there was a link to a new installer that supposedly would let users install it in a different folder. I don't see that option in v2.1.11 or v2.3.5.

2 answers

0 votes
David Chwalisz May 14, 2019

Our IT department just rolled out blocking executions from AppData. Without this alternative, we cannot use Sourcetree.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2019

@David Chwalisz There is now a Sourcetree Enterprise version that allows you to specify the install path.

Like David Chwalisz likes this
Anders Jensen May 14, 2019

Thank you!!

David Chwalisz May 14, 2019

@Mikael Sandberg We did find that today 20 mins before you responded. thanks!

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2017

Currently it is not possible to select a different install folder. Atlassian is working on a Sourcetree for Windows Enterprise Support installer that would allow you to select a different install folder, but at the moment they have not said when it will be available. If you want to find out more about it, join the Sourcetree beta program

Anders Jensen December 20, 2017

Ok. Thank you for your prompt feedback.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events