Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infinite GIT Processes Spawn Crashing Windows

Jesse Robinson June 28, 2018

I updated Sourcetree recently and it said I should update my embedded GIT to GIT LFS which I tried to do through Sourcetree.  The install hung and my computer was lagging out so I checked the process explorer and there were a ton of GIT processes being spawned until the computer basically ran out of memory.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Sourcetree and it is not fixed.  I tried to install GIT manually but still no fix. 

Any idea of what files I need to blast away to get rid of the corrupted embedded GIT install on my machine so I can run Sourcetree again?

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2018

Hi Jesse, 

Have you tried on other repo? 

Any info in the logs Events.msc?

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Jesse Robinson June 28, 2018

I couldn't even open sourcetree so I don't think it was a specific repo. It would start opening the GIT processes immediately upon starting it (and even installing).  I figured somewhere the GIT install was still around so I googled around a bit and found this thread and erased everything inside the GIT folder, uninstalled Sourcetree, installed GIT manually, and then reinstalled Sourcetree, it appears to be working now.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/SourceTree-embedded-git-can-t-be-automatically-installed/qaq-p/662857

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events