• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I can't clone a repository to source tree

I have tried deleting sourcetree and reinstalling using the directions on Atlassian for Mac OS mavericks or higher.

I get this message when cloning:

remote: Invalid username or password. If you log in via a third party service you must ensure you have an account password set in your account profile.

fatal: Authentication failed for

The first time I cloned and it asked me for what i thought was my password to atlassian, i clicked always use this information. I'm paraphrasing btw. 

So i think it locked in the wrong information causing the message above which is what i suspect is causing the error above. Not positive but that's why I have been trying to clear source tree and its preferences but it's not working.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Manju Atlassian Team Apr 05, 2018

Could you please confirm the authentication type and protocol used for the account setup if already done in Sourcetree?

Hi, I am using HTTPS in bitbucket to clone it to sourcetree, I think the credentials for authentication it was asking for was a serial key.

To sign into sourcetree I am using my credentials that I use to log in here.

I used CCleaner and now I am getting a different error message : 

fatal: could not read Password for 'https://jvaldes2@bitbucket.org': Device not configured

I also don't get any prompt asking me for a password when cloning with HTTPS.

It just says path / URL is not valid.sourcetree-error.jpg

I have the same problem. Any solution found?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Sourcetree

[dev team] Sourcetree for Windows 2019 Preview - Dark Theme

Hi folks, While the full post is over on our blog I'd like to share the dark theme we've got planned for 2019 here directly as well to keep the discussion going.  The ...

3,252 views 19 18
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you