I am getting an error when trying to push

AskAnEnemyStudios August 13, 2017

remote: Invalid username or password. If you log in via a third party service you must ensure you have an account password set in your account profile.

Updated to the latest version. Was able to push 2 days ago just fine. Also I can OAuth just fine, but I can't push

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Hi Jaycee, I found this thread created by another member of the Community where some users share the solutions that worked for them regarding this issue. There are 3 available solutions right now, I've listed them here for you, you can find the post at Authentication issues:

• Delete the Windows Credentials stored in Windows (that's where SourceTree stored them), delete the passwd file, then restart SourceTree. To see and remove them, do the following:
    1. Open the Control Panel and click on User Accounts.
    2. In the left hand list of links, click Manage Your Credentials. When it opens, it shows your Web Credentials. 
    3. Click the Windows Credentials "button". This shows your stored Windows credentials. Look for entries that start with "git:http" and include your server name and/or user name and remove them.
  • Go to Repository > Repository Settings, selecting my repository, and changing the username from my old Bitbucket username to my Atlassian account's email address. Then, following your original advice to remove the passwd file, I was able to successfully pull.
  • Download SourceTree version 2.1.2.5 from our website and install it. Reject the upgrade to 2.1.10 that comes up.

I hope this helps you! If none of the above works for you, please let us know if you're using Windows or Mac, if you get the same error when you perform different operations, and if you get errors if you use the terminal instead.

Best regards,

Ana 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events