How to view a long textdiff?

I'm trying to do a textdif with Source Tree 2.3.1 using git. I'm comparing between my current version and a fairly old version and its a somewhat long file, so there are alot of changes in the particular file. In the compare view, when I scroll to the bottom it shows an ellipsis and appears to cut off a good chuck of the changes. 

I noticed the pull-down menu with the gear icon has an option for "external diff". Maybe that's my answer, but when I click it, nothing happens. Do I need to install an external diff tool or something?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Better yet, while I was in the diff settings menu trying to get an external diff tool setup (and not having much success), I noticed that you can modify the diff limit both in lines of code and in bytes. I bumped it from 500 lines to 2000 and that takes care of my problem easily.

This widget could not be displayed.
Jesse Yowell Atlassian Team Sep 20, 2017

Kyle,

That's correct-- external diff programs would be like kdiff, or Kaleidoscope. Once the path is set for the diff tool, you should be able to use it. See: https://oliverbusse.notesx.net/hp.nsf/tutorial.xsp?documentId=C6A

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

885 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you