Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view a long textdiff?

kjgregory September 20, 2017

I'm trying to do a textdif with Source Tree 2.3.1 using git. I'm comparing between my current version and a fairly old version and its a somewhat long file, so there are alot of changes in the particular file. In the compare view, when I scroll to the bottom it shows an ellipsis and appears to cut off a good chuck of the changes. 

I noticed the pull-down menu with the gear icon has an option for "external diff". Maybe that's my answer, but when I click it, nothing happens. Do I need to install an external diff tool or something?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
kjgregory September 21, 2017

Better yet, while I was in the diff settings menu trying to get an external diff tool setup (and not having much success), I noticed that you can modify the diff limit both in lines of code and in bytes. I bumped it from 500 lines to 2000 and that takes care of my problem easily.

1 vote
jyo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2017

Kyle,

That's correct-- external diff programs would be like kdiff, or Kaleidoscope. Once the path is set for the diff tool, you should be able to use it. See: https://oliverbusse.notesx.net/hp.nsf/tutorial.xsp?documentId=C6A

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events