How to start completely blank

I am trying to re-intsall Source Tree in which I currently have 2 accounts and 3 repos. It's bugging me because of the 2 accounts and making me headaches so I decided to use only one. Because I wasn't able to delete the second account no matter how many times I hit on delete I decided to uninstall Source Tree and install it all over again.

I did it and I even uninstalled git from my PC. However, after installing Source Tree again it automatically fetched the 2 accounts and 3 repos i had previously. It's hilarious, it is as I haven't removed it from my PC at all. I even removed the 3 projects from Source Tree, but after reinstallation they were there again.

So, my question is: I want to start completely blank. I want it to ask me for username and password and I want to setup repos from scratch. How do I do that? 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Ivica! For a clean install you can follow the steps:

1. Uninstall SourceTree 
  2. Backup then delete the directory below before proceeding with next step
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete SourceTree & SourceTree-Settings folder
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all SourceTree Files/Folder.
  3. Reboot your computer to make sure the uninstall was complete.
  4. Download and install SourceTree.

Did this work for you?

Regards,

Ana

Yeap, that's it. Thank you!

I bellieve this should be done automatically when uninstalling Source Tree.

Glad I could help! :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

983 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you