How to remove SourceTree and Atlassian account

Deleted user September 18, 2018

Hi,
A few months ago (probably on February) my teacher download to my pc SourceTree and created with my mail an Atlassian account. He, also, connected sourcetree with a github account and a project. I've never used sourcetree and so I want to remove all accounts or other things that my teacher have created. What should I do?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2018

Hi Andrea, welcome to the Community!

To uninstall Sourcetree completely, you can complete the following steps:

1. Wipe SourceTree preferences.
  2. Uninstall SourceTree same as you'd uninstall any other application in your computer.
  3. Delete the directories below if they still remain after the uninstall
    • C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete SourceTree & SourceTree-Settings folder
    • C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all SourceTree Files/Folder.

Github is not one of our products, however I found their instructions, you can find them at Deleting your user account.

Regarding your Atlassian account, if you delete it you won't be able to log in to any of our services that you have associated to that account (such as this Community). If you still would like to go ahead, you can reach out to our Deletions team on https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/, select ‘Personal Data and GDPR’ in the first field and ‘request erasure of your personal data’ in topic.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions :) 

Kind regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events