Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage folders with bookmarks?

Stefan Kamphuis May 7, 2019

Hi,

In some previous version I found the use of folders pretty neat. I have quite a few companies I work for, and each has several repo's, so ordering them in folders comes in very handy.

I the most recent versions, however, I can't find a proper way to manage these folders and the repositories in them. Currently I manually edit the bookmarks.xml file, but that can't be the way it's supposed to work, right?

Tips are very welcome...

Greetz,

Stefan

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2019

Hi @Stefan Kamphuis,

That's definitely not how it's supposed to work. A few questions:

1. What version of Sourcetree are you using? On what platform?

2. What are you unable to do in the UI that requires editing the XML file?

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

Stefan Kamphuis May 8, 2019

Hi @bgannin ,

Thanks for replying.

1. Version 3.1.3 (upgraded to latest before I posted, to make sure the issue was still there)

2. Some repo's got unintendedly removed from their folders. So I wanted to drag those bag into their folder. I can see the "drop line" when I drag a repo, but nothing happens when I drop it. Also, since my list of repo's got a little long, I can't get the drop line into the folder when they're too far apart. This is because the Local Repositories list doesn't scroll when I move the drop line.

I don't use nested folders, btw, so only single folders with git repo's in them. Git is a mixture of BitBucket, Github, and self-hosted Bonobo)

I hope this makes sense, if not, I can send you a private message with a video to explain things better.

Greetz,

Stefan Kamphuis

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2019

That list does scroll automatically using macOS' default scrolling logic. Just 'hold' your drag at the edge of the bottom/top and it will move row by row until you move it again and place it at your destination. Let me know if a video would help.

Stefan Kamphuis May 10, 2019

Thank Brian,

I think that's what I'm trying, though. In this screenshot I am dragging the selected repository. If I drop it where the drag line now is, nothing happens. If I drag it further up, the whole list turns gray, but no scrolling. (2nd screenshot).

Do you think I'm just not getting it? No worries if that's the case, I can handle that :-)2019-05-10_10-02-21.png

2019-05-10_10-06-46.png

bgannin
Atlassian Team
May 10, 2019

Ah, this is on Windows. Let me check if this is a known issue.

bgannin
Atlassian Team
May 12, 2019

@Stefan Kamphuis - thank you for the report, we've got auto-scrolling implemented for this on Windows (it's not 'free' unfortunately as it is on macOS) in the next major update.

Stefan Kamphuis May 12, 2019

Thanks for your efforts, @bgannin. Looking forward to the update then.

Greetz,

Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events