How to increase font-size in SourceTree?

dnv2006 June 7, 2017

I am use latest version of SourceTree on Windows 10.

How to increase font-size in SourceTree?

21 answers

14 votes
Dimitre Novatchev July 12, 2019

Just because of this "minor" issue I am switching to an alternative tool!

Fang Jin August 24, 2022

How `font-size` change is minor at the first place is blowing my mind. Technically it could be small (or big), but business wise, it's not especially considering they deliberately set the font size to like 10px or something, which is almost impossible for people older than 40 years !

Like # people like this
cavecafe September 22, 2022

@Dimitre Novatchev Any traction on the font size issues yet? People like me desperately want configurable font sizes, but do you still think the problem is minor? Unless Atlassian does NOT care for SourceTree.

Like # people like this
joan_tothomweb December 13, 2022

Same here. I'm now using the git client of VS Code. 

sshine December 14, 2022

I am looking for a git browser as simple and uncomplicated as `gitk`, but for MacOS.

Sourcetree could be that git browser. I like how it lets me look at other branches than the one I've checked out, and that I can select either the diff for a single file or the diff for any set of files (either all or some specific subset).

Unfortunately, the font size is too small for me to read.

Like Aaron Dake likes this
9 votes
Neil Saari December 17, 2021

I have vision problems and can't see the tiny tiny font you use.  I hate to say this but I think ADA requires adjusting font size for the vision impaired, like me.

6 votes
Deleted user June 8, 2017

For now, it can't be changed! I think there is an improvement on the issue tracker of Source Tree.

4 votes
Parker Morse November 15, 2021

Adding another request for this. As my eyes get older I need the large-print edition of nearly everything, and Sourcetree is tiny little fuzzy letters when I can read my editor and terminal.

3 votes
Kevin Cameron August 24, 2022

The top page on the website says:

"Visualize your work and push with confidence."

I am new to GIT. I stumbled across this app, not knowing if it is active or not, but the first thing I needed to do is increase font size. Form this thread it appears as though it is not an active project? 

If it is, are there any old people like me working on the development that can let the youngsters know that it is a deal breaker when the user can literally not "visualize" the work because the font is so tiny.

Fang Jin September 22, 2022

Yes, there's old people if you call anyone above 40 old. 

But who the heck use font size 10px any more, as a fixture? This is almost insane in UI design.

Like # people like this

Here a 41 years old 'going-blind' user due I was Sourcetree user.

3 votes
salunda July 22, 2021

Over 4 years and nothing has happened. This is obviously not a high priority.

Shame, because SourceTree is my preferred Git GUI. I currently use GitExtensions because of its font size change support.

sshine December 14, 2022

5.5 years and counting, and the font is still to small to read.

Like John likes this
Ritik Gupta June 12, 2023

6 years and still going strong  

Edgaralejandro Ramirez Gonzalez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 1, 2023

6 and a half years later, here we are... and still still going strong

3 votes
MattC July 21, 2021

Just went searching for this, usually it doesn't both me but lately I've been upping the size of most of my programs. Just find it a little easier scanning with my eyes when you can increase font size.

3 votes
salunda April 30, 2019

Is there a timeline for this issue please?

2 votes
David Siegal January 27, 2022

Mac too please!

2 votes
Ana Silvia Telleria Martínez December 31, 2021

Same here, please add the increase font size feature! 

2 votes
BJL2 July 1, 2020

Just adding one more voice.  I am actually switching back to Sourcetree, because I like Sourctree better, but this font issue is pretty annoying.

1 vote
Gravity April 1, 2023

Really? It's been 6 years but the Product Owner NEVER considered fixing it.

1 vote
JLaz February 7, 2023

People don't have to have vision issues or sth to have issues reading the text in Sourcetree. Even I (with apparently 125% vision) have issues reading the text some days.

Atlassian, we have 4k 5k monitors, not 1024x768. Welcome to the 21st century! Make it zoomable!

1 vote
Fang Jin August 17, 2022

Can you just increase the font size by at least 1px. This is crazy.

1 vote
Noam June 27, 2022

I'm using it on MacBook Pro. The font size is terrible.

1 vote
Mangala Khalsa February 23, 2022

Amazing how long this has gone ignored, I guess my best option is to uninstall and use something better.

0 votes
Not Sure
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 16, 2023

The font size was fine for me until I recently switched to a 5k monitor.  Now I need a bigger font.

0 votes
THERESA_SHEN April 26, 2023

Hi here,

If you're a Mac user like me, you can make your text bigger by following these steps... hope this helps....

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-help/mchld786f2cd/mac

JLaz May 1, 2023

Increasing the system zoom, etc doesn't solve the issue at all. instead it creates more, because everything but sourcetree will be huge.

0 votes

I have not any visual issue. Simply the fontsize is unacceptable. Since a month ago I migrated to VSCODE git client. SourceTree was my favorite, but I'm not going to get blind cause' of that. No way.

0 votes

+1 here

0 votes
Fang Jin September 22, 2022

Unbelievable, actually there's a solution to this, at least partial solution.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Increase-SourceTree-font-size/qaq-p/321241

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events