How to drag repository tabs in sourcetree?

Hello,

In old versions of Sorucetree i could rearrange the tabs at the top of the screen listing the names of the repositories i have open. Since version 1.8 (currently 1.8.2.11) i can't drag them anymore.

This is very annoying as at any given time i have 10 to 20 repositories active and i would like to arrange them propertly. Could you fix this in the next version and bring back the old functionality?

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

No, we cannot fix it because we are just users like you. However, you can upvote and watch this bug report to help make sure the developers restore that functionality (I have already): https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-4205

As a workaround you can edit %LOCALAPPDATA%\Atlassian\SourceTree\opentabs.xml file and have your tabs in necessary order smile Not that it cancels the original problem which is a major nuisance 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

551 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you