Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable option "Help improve sourcetree by sending data about your usage"

vev5cob September 30, 2018

How disable option "Help improve sourcetree by sending data about your usage" after installing SourcetreeEnterpriseSetup_2.6.10.msi by default.

What I tried?

Tried to disable option in C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_Url_yjhzxxhcu2ommegrdorjf3q1oqllqxiq\2.6.10.0\user.config

<setting name="AnalyticsDisplayOptIn" serializeAs="String">
<value>False</value>
</setting>

But if I go for new installation this folder won't available C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_Url_yjhzxxhcu2ommegrdorjf3q1oqllqxiq

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2018

If you re-install/update Sourcetree in the same location, e.g. in program files then the C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_Url_yjhzxxhcu2ommegrdorjf3q1oqllqxiq folder should not change after updates.

Sourcetree copies the previous versions user.config when it updates.

vev5cob October 1, 2018

If I want to install on multiple new machine where SourceTree is not installed already? Is there any option available?

vev5cob October 8, 2018

Is it immediately sending the information to Atlassian by enabling the option and click next or sending the info after completing the initial setup

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2018

Sourcetree will disable the analytics feed after the wizard completes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events