How do I edit my username for a different repository website?

Hi,

I'm running the latest Mac OS. Everything is up to date.

My SourceTree won't let me use my school's Git repository because when I have to authenticate, it only asks me for a password. It tells me which username it is using but it is the wrong username...

How do I force the correct username? My school uses something called GitLab FHICT.

If I can't do this? How do I uninstall Sourcetree? When I drag and drop the app into the trash it just reappears. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

This is happening because the repository was cloned using the account that Sourcetree is asking password for. You might want to clone it again with the right account you need to use in order to set the right username. 

Alternately, you can click on Settings toolbar item in the repository window and select remotes tab to change the remote URL which has the wrong username. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Manjunath

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

889 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you