How do I change the default behavior of Apply Stash to not delete after applying on a Mac?

Unicycle May 18, 2015

The default behavior when Applying a Stash in the Mac version of SourceTree is to delete after applying. In the Windows version, the default is to NOT delete after applying. I'm curious why these defaults are different, but more importantly, I am curious where to change this default behavior on a Mac. I would like the default to be to NOT delete after applying. How do I make that configuration change?

1 answer

0 votes
sreekumar_menon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2015

There is a "delete after applying" checkbox in the apply stash dialog box in mac version. are you suggesting that the checkbox should be unchecked by default?

Unicycle May 18, 2015

If I were to make a suggestion, it would be to have that checkbox configurable. So that in preferences I could set whether it defaults to checked or unchecked. At present, the default behavior is not configurable (as far as I can tell) and behaves differently in the Mac version versus the Windows version.

Wam Sangrattanamanee September 22, 2015

I second the request for this feature. From my real life example, I need to keep my temp version of a binary file for testing purpose and since many member of the team need to work on this same file, our workflow is to keep the one i owned in the stash and apply it to overwrite the change after sync with main branch. There were time that I forgot to uncheck that box and sync with main branch so I have to rework the whole of my version of the file write from the scratch.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events