How do I change the default behavior of Apply Stash to not delete after applying on a Mac?

The default behavior when Applying a Stash in the Mac version of SourceTree is to delete after applying. In the Windows version, the default is to NOT delete after applying. I'm curious why these defaults are different, but more importantly, I am curious where to change this default behavior on a Mac. I would like the default to be to NOT delete after applying. How do I make that configuration change?

1 answer

There is a "delete after applying" checkbox in the apply stash dialog box in mac version. are you suggesting that the checkbox should be unchecked by default?

If I were to make a suggestion, it would be to have that checkbox configurable. So that in preferences I could set whether it defaults to checked or unchecked. At present, the default behavior is not configurable (as far as I can tell) and behaves differently in the Mac version versus the Windows version.

I second the request for this feature. From my real life example, I need to keep my temp version of a binary file for testing purpose and since many member of the team need to work on this same file, our workflow is to keep the one i owned in the stash and apply it to overwrite the change after sync with main branch. There were time that I forgot to uncheck that box and sync with main branch so I have to rework the whole of my version of the file write from the scratch.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

227 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot