How can I permanently remove this mysterious tab?

Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing this rather strange "mystery" or "ghost" tab that auto opens upon starting SourceTree. If you wait (forever) the tab eventually finishes loading and it becomes apparent that the repo is for my C drive.

I have found no way of fixing this. I have uninstalled SourceTree, restarted my computer, reinstalled, followed by yet another restart and this mystery repo continues to show up.

I have followed guides online to do a forced cleanup, which also failed to remedy this problem.

Thank you to anyone who can help out.

mystery_repo.png

2 answers

(Sorry in advance if any of this is trivial.)

• Close the mystery tab
  • Open the bookmark bar if not already open (CTRL+B)
  • Remove the bookmark for the mystery tab

If this does not solve your problem, it might be that the place where ST stores the state of the tabs is not writeable by ST. (Unfortunately, I don't know where that is.)

Balazs, I appreciate the advice. This was not a solution however. The bookmark bar does not show the mystery repo.

To attack this from the other end...

Did you intend to make a repository of your entire C drive?

If not, make sure you can view hidden files and folders, then look for a .git folder in C:\. Delete it.

You may also need to follow Balazs' steps to remove a stored bookmark.

@Seth, Woo! That was a solution. I guess I wasn't aware that those .git folders acted as a tag for repos. Thank you.

It's doesn't tag the repo so much as store the entire repo (except your working copy of the repo), but yeah, "my C drive is a repo" didn't sound like something you had done intentionally.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

274 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot