I am trying to install SourceTree ver 2.5.5, however the option GitHub is not available.
Which version do I need to download to get GitHub option as described in the link below
Currently I am getting this:
Thanks Ana for your suggestion.
Yes, I downloaded the latest version from https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/. I downloaded version 2.5.5 for Windows. Full file name is "SourceTreeSetup-2.5.5".
I can confirm that the option GitHub is not available with version 2.5.5 while installing SourceTree (2nd step during the installation is to select Bitbucket or Atlassian ). Is there another version with the option for GitHub?
Hi Emanuele, sorry about that! I tried it myself before telling you but I missed that we're using different platforms (I'm on Mac).
So in Windows, the Welcome Wizard is a bit different and looks like you're mixing up Registration vs Host accounts.
To register in the Welcome wizard you have the following options:
- Sourcetree for Windows (2.5+): Bitbucket Server, Atlassian account (what you showed us in your screenshot)
- Sourcetree for Mac : Atlassian account
During the Welcome wizard you have the following options to add Host accounts:
- Sourcetree for Windows (2.5+): None *
- Sourcetree for Mac: Bitbucket, Bitbucket Server, GitHub
* You can’t add them through the wizard anymore, but you can add Bitbucket, Bitbucket Server, GitHub once you are through the Wizard and in Sourcetree following the steps at Connect your Bitbucket or Github account.
We are in the process of simplifying the welcome wizard process, and the two experiences will align again soon :)
Let us know if this is clear or if you have any other questions!
Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events