Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git Credential Manager for Windows Popups

Viewing page 2 of 2

28 answers

1 accepted

Kris van der Starren April 26, 2017

Interesting. I don't use Mercurial - only SourceTree/Git. That said, the pop-ups seem to have stopped for some reason. I don't think I did anything that would have caused them to stop but they haven't been appearing for a few days now.

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2017

You might want to check whats being requested before the password prompt using wireshark or similar.

Also, SourceTree supports single sign-on, mening you can forever get rid of the need for passwords when using Bitbucket:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/no.kantega.kerberosauth.kerberosauth-plugin.stash/server/overview

Cheers,

Lars, Kantega Single Sign-on

Michael Schrading April 24, 2017

In my case I don't use git but ONLY mercurial for versioning my work. So Popup for git credentials are useless. And I don't want to use bitbucket..

Is there some other solution for get rid of this boring popup??

Thanks

Kris van der Starren April 24, 2017

Thanks for the reply Lars. I'm not sure what's being requested but the pop-up only occurs when SourceTree is open and stop once SourceTree is closed so I'm pretty sure they are coming from SourceTree.

All I have open in SourceTree are three repositories (screenshot below). Each repository uses different credentials if that makes any difference.

screenshot.jpg

Michael Schrading April 25, 2017

That's right, Kris. Popups comes only when sourcetree has been started and when I start pull or push. In my sourcetree folder I have a git_extra folder with git-credential-manager.exe and git-credential-manager-st.exe. When I rename them, sourcetree throw an error. So where to stop to use this git-credential-manager.exe

Michael

proffuhrman July 27, 2017

Hi Lars, I'm using the SSO (OAuth) on both my accounts. When I want to clone a repo, I can browse all the repose for both accounts, so I know the OAuth tokens are good. Still, when I push, I'm asked to authenticate with the pop-up. Something seems broken, or am I supposed to indicate somewhere to use the OAuth tokens when pushing?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events