Git-Credential-Manager

Michael Schrading April 25, 2017

For all how are using Sourcetree under windows OS and Mercurial as Versioning tool and want to get rid of this boring popup for asking your for credentials:

1. start cmd shell as admin
  2. Change path to where git-credential-manager.exe as been installed (normaly under ~\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_extras)
  3. call "git-credential-manager.exe store"
  4. in the next lines fill in:
       protocol=https

host=code.domain.name

username=yourLoginName

password=yourLoginPassword

then press return for a new empty line. If you don't get any message, everything is okay.

4 comments

Robert Martin April 27, 2017

Michael, when I ran `git-credential-manager.exe store` nothing happened. The command line was just blinking.

Warren Postma April 27, 2017

That is what he tried to explain. You just type in the host= stuff and then the next couple lines.

Deleted user April 27, 2017

This suggestion didn't work for me, unfortunately.

However what DID work was including my username/password in the repo URL. e.g. https://username:password@repo-domain.com/repo-path.

Don't forget to URL encode your username/password!

I'm using SourceTree 2.0.19.1 w/ an embedded version of Mercurial on Windows 10 and hosting my repo on IIS via hgweb.cgi. The Git Credential Manager kept popping up whenever I tried to clone/pull my repo.

Patrick Permien May 3, 2017

Same problem here, but this solution does not work for me.

George Mihalache May 18, 2017

This worked for me as well

Klas May 22, 2017

This finally worked for me as well, but only after uninstalling SourceTree and GitCredentialManager and removing the Atlassian and SourceTree folders in \Appdata\Local\

I then reinstalled SourceTree and removed and readded the remote.

Alexey_Keranen May 9, 2017

Thank you. That helped me. Also I want to mention another path to achieve this. You may just open Manage Windows Credentials->Windows credentials tab and add new credential under Generic credentials. In domain field you should write "git:<your.domain.name>" and of cause then add password and username as well. My mistake was that I put just "my.domain.name" without "git:" part.

James Cooper May 19, 2017

How is this so difficult to find. We upgraded this morning and its taken me over an hour to find your 5 min fix! Thanks so much!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events